23 Sept 2022

Why Private Schools?

Why Private Schools?

I thought that in our country people prefer to send their children to private schools.

When I spoke to some foreign friends, I came to know that they also prefer to enroll their children in private schools.

They raise many questions about the quality of government schools. They want to give their children a satisfactory education as per their wish.

They claim that there are private schools that cater to their every wish.

Consider a government school teacher. He / She also prefers to send his children to private schools.

There are many ironies in our country. One of them is that government school teachers send their children to private schools.

Not only government school teachers but all government employees prefer to send their children to private schools. There may be a few exceptions. By pointing to those exceptions, you cannot dismiss this phenomenon as untrue.

The reason why parents seek private schools is the belief that private schools will fulfill their children's desires, wishes and expectations.

Besides, parents have full right to choose the school for their children.

Don't conclude that I am pro-private schools and anti-government schools.

I have enrolled my child in a government school. What is this nonsense you may ask?

I have limited expectations for my child. It is enough for her to know how to read and write and to understand society and herself. A government school is enough for me to accomplish that.

My guess is that your expectations are what make you choose a school for your children. If not then feel free to give your comments.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

தமிழ்நாட்டுக்கு வந்த சோதனை!

தமிழ்நாட்டுக்கு வந்த சோதனை! கோடை விடுமுறையில் பெரிய நட்சத்திரங்களின் திரைப்படங்கள் வெளியாகாமல் இருந்ததுண்டா? கோடையில் அக்னி நட்சத்திரம் கூ...